Saturday, April 13, 2013

Unplanned Lunch at the SeaBiscuit Cafe

We showed up for the noon boat, but it wasn't at the dock. Turns out it had troubles on the St. Ignace side and was running an hour behind. Since we were downtown with about an hour to wait, we decided to get lunch. The SeaBiscuit Cafe was close, and they are good to the girls there, so we took a short walk to good food.
The girls ordered red pop- and they arrived with cherries in them!





Cherries are so cool!


We ordered the fried macaroni and cheese as an appetizer... Oh. My. Word. They are incredible! (It comes with three.)


My youngest ordered the chicken slider off the children's menu. Her sister deemed it worthy of Fancy Nancy!


Phil got a derby burger. (They normally come with a tomato and pickle)


I had tomato basil bisque! It was wonderful!


My oldest then asked why I didn't take a picture of her macaroni and cheese. So I did.


We caught the "noon-normally-but-today-it's-one" boat.The ferry went through some ice.





Then we went to the Home Show in St. Ignace. I enjoyed it, as did the girls, and I failed to take a single picture. There was a bouncy house, maple syrup cotton candy, tons of booths to see, and an area for kids to make projects with wood from Home Depot. My kindergartener made a birdhouse (Daddy did most of the work). My preschooler built a little box (Daddy did most of the work). We got a free paint sample from the Ace booth, so the girls might paint their wooden creations a pale purple named Rebecca tomorrow. I bought homemade pepper jam. I enjoy the annual Home Show!

No comments:

Post a Comment