Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunset Ride from Mackinaw City in July

The snow is melting, and I thought it would be nice to look back at warm summer days. I took these photos on a ferry ride from Mackinaw City to Mackinac Island last July.


Sunsets are one of my all-time favorite things!


A cool cloud stretches above St. Ignace:








The amazing Mackinac Bridge:





The lights of Mackinac Island:


Can you see the Grand Hotel?

















The moon (it's hard to get a decent shot of the moon on an iPhone):


I'll be honest, I don't remember what these lights are exactly... But I think the blue lights were from a boat.



Less than 3 weeks until most everything opens on the island! The slow boat is still running, which is unusual for April, but there really is ice left in some spots. There's a 30 percent chance of snow showers on Friday, but that's a few days ahead. I am officially tired of snow. The roads were clear for biking today (yesterday was a workout)! Take care all!

1 comment:

  1. I swear one of my most favorite things on earth is to be on the ferry with my little girls and watch Mackinac Island come into view.

    ReplyDelete