Thursday, February 16, 2012

Washington Street, Downtown Marquette

I stayed on Washington Street in Marquette. I took a couple of brief walks during which I snapped a couple of pictures. Know that there are many more buildings worthy of attention! (I just didn't have much time.)



I love stores in old buildings!



The City Hall is beautiful! Here is a corner of the building:



This is the front of the City Hall building:



Marquette received snow! According to my husband, Mackinac Island got some too! (Which is great news for snowmobiles!)



I ate lunch at Donkers- such a cool place! The first floor has sweets and the second is a cafe. The tomato basil soup was great! This is a detail on an old fireplace in the room where I ate:



View out the window of Donkers- the old Delft Theater with its fabulous marquis!


One last shot on my way out of town today (it was a long red light!)




Location:Marquette

No comments:

Post a Comment