Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas (Tree) is Over

Today the huge Christmas tree came down.


It was cut into smaller pieces and taken away by snowmobile.


I took today's shots from the sled behind our snowmobile. It turns out our steering column rusted over summer, and I am not quite strong enough to turn well. (And I was so excited for the return of snowmobiles with snow!) Phil drove us to school, and I walked with a sled to pick up our preschooler at the end of the day. Another mom gave us a ride on the way home- thank you! I'm grateful we didn't have to walk over a mile home!


Cloverland Electric helped put the tree up. They were here to take it down today.


Downtown Mackinac Island looks different without its giant Christmas tree! The Christmas season may be over, but winter is here! (We have damp mittens drying near the heater to prove it!)



Location:Mackinac Island

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! I am so far behind following and keeping up with everyone :( Luckily you keep this awesome blog so now I can get caught up and see pretty pictures too :-) love to you guys! - Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane! I recognized a Knit Happens creation the other day- your hats are fantastic!

      Delete