Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Somewhere in Time

Today is June 28th. Have you seen "Somewhere in Time"? 99 years ago today, Richard Collier checked into the Grand Hotel at 9:18am.



Today's weather was iffy so I took the girls to the Tower Museum at Mission Point Resort. It has to be one of the Island's best kept secrets. The first part focuses on the movie "Somewhere in Time."



Even though Mission Point's theatre was built in the 1950s, it was remodeled to the 1900s for the film. It hasn't really been altered since, which is especially neat for "Somewhere in Time" fans. There is even a plaque on the seat Richard Collier sat in (center section, 4th row, 2nd seat in from audience left!). I refer to it as Superman's seat! My husband is a huge Superman fan; if we had a son then he would be named Clark!


The majority of the film was shot at Mission Point. Did you know they have a professional soundstage? Cast and crew mostly stayed at Mission Point too. I love this shot of everybody!



My favorite floor of the museum might be "Shipwrecks of the Straits".


I love this picture from the floor on the Mackinac Bridge!


It was originally built as merely an observation tower. The view is my favorite of the island from indoors!
















I feel so privileged to be living on Mackinac Island. It is a fascinating place and undoubtedly an adventurous life!





















No comments:

Post a Comment