Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Birthday Blessings

My husband is gone for two weeks and I've survived the first. A big bummer is being separated for my birthday. My in-laws hosted us so I didn't have to be alone. The girls helped gramma make an angel food cake. She made the frosting from scratch and the girls decorated my cake! (They clearly sampled some frosting in the process!)


I am blessed!


Messy happy faces!






We got up early Monday morning to catch the 8am ferry. It was pretty full so I was glad to have a seat on the boat's lower level. Here's the view of Mackinac Island:


This is what the lower level of the winter ferry looks like on a Monday morning. Lots of carts and lots of workers standing. It's also much colder than upstairs!


Passing Windermere Point:


What a beautiful morning skyscape!


I had biked to the ferry Saturday- it was so warm I didn't even wear gloves then. It was only 10 degrees when we left this morning- what a change! There's even snow on the roads! I snapped a picture over my shoulder for fun:


I am so glad it snowed on my birthday! I was able to snowmobile to school the rest of the day!






I am feeling very blessed! 10 years ago, my husband and I officially started dating at Central Michigan University. I had no idea then that this was going to be a very permanent relationship! I love it! I am proud to be his wife! (He comes home at the end of this week- yay!)



5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Sonnet!!! Love your photos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I really enjoy reading your blog.

    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday I too enjoy your blog Thank you .....Mariann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! I love reading your blogs and seeing your photos. They bring back so many memories of growing up there, (even if it was over 50 years ago!)

    ReplyDelete