Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January Mornings

These January mornings have been cold, but not too cold! This year, Arnold Line has stopped running ferries on Sundays. We attend church on the mainland, so that affects my family pretty thoroughly. So if we go to church, we can't return to the island until the 8am ferry on Monday morning. Preschool starts at 8:20am, so that guarantees my little one will be late. That's what we did yesterday. The view out the ferry window was exciting- the girls enjoyed the pink and purple. The sunrise made buildings on the island practically glow!





So pretty!


Some ice blew in by afternoon. (There was a wind advisory all day yesterday). There is not even a start to an ice bridge yet, but I'm glad the ferry is still running! I've never crossed the ice bridge myself, but husband used it to get groceries our first winter here.


My cuties! Some of the snow is melting, I'm not sure how much longer we'll be able to snowmobile. It's easier to pull start when it's not so cold at least.





This morning is icy! I almost bit it on the way into the school this morning! We picked up a prescription from the Arnold Line office. The pharmacy in St. Ignace sends them over for islanders- so grateful they do!


It is lovely in the morning on Mackinac Island!









Location:Mackinac Island

No comments:

Post a Comment